Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Meet the Summer 2018 Interns...

This summer, I have taken on two new editorial interns. If you attend any of our upcoming events, like the recent Garden Photo Show Opening Reception, you are bound to run into one or both of them. As a first writing assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...

Hello! My name is Racquel Royer and I'm a rising senior studying broadcast journalism in the Philip Merrill College of Journalism at the University of Maryland, College Park. I’m so excited to be an editorial intern this summer for Washington Gardener Magazine. Previously, I wrote blogs and press releases for the Smithsonian National Museum of American History and QEM - Quality Education for Minorities. I'm looking forward to spending this summer learning about growing beautiful and yummy plants all while getting involved in my community. I love spending time outside when I’m not inside with my cat, McSplitty. I can't wait to highlight some of the amazing things I learn and people I meet this summer. I hope you enjoy my pieces as much as I’ll enjoy producing them. Happy Gardening!


My name is Rosie Kean, and I'm a senior multiplatform journalism and English major at the University of Maryland, College Park. I'm from Macungie, Pennsylvania, but I was attracted to UMD
because of its proximity to DC. Previously, I worked at the university's independent newspaper The Diamondback as an assistant news editor and a staff writer. In spring, I interned at Mascot Books, a book publisher in Herndon, Virginia, where I proofread and edited texts of various genres for publication. I also tutor at my university’s writing center, which involves working with students to help them develop their writing skills. In addition to my love for writing and editing, I have always been interested in the environment and sustainable living, so I am excited to learn more about gardening through my internship with Washington Gardener!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...