Friday, July 08, 2016

Fenton Friday: Bean Stalks

student documentaians
This week in my community garden plot, some student documentary filmmakers came by and took some footage of the gardens. I did a brief interview with them as well. The final product will be under 5 minutes long, so I doubt I'll make the final cut, but it was fun to participate in it. The heat was unbearable and one of the students was overcome by heat exhaustion. She is fine now, but that is a good warning to all of us to take extra precautions in this weather.


Red Okra
My red okra is starting to produce regularly now and my basil is about ready to harvest for making pesto. The zinnias have jumped up -- right on time for my flower class this Sunday at On the Purple Couch.

The beans planted only last week are now six-inches tall. It is really stunning what these little powerhouses can do! I am looking forward to harvesting them in August.

Bean seedlings
How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...