Friday, June 10, 2016

Fenton Friday: Suddenly Scapes

Every year the sudden appearance of the Garlic Scapes baffles me. One day, not a hint of them. The next day, there they are -- all these pig tails full of springy-energy.

I cut them today and I think the garlic bulbs themselves are very close to be ready for harvesting soon as well.

The torrential rains have stopped. Followed by days of high winds that are desiccating anything I have still in pots waiting to go in the ground. I have spending most of my "gardening time" watering pots of seedlings.

I did finally manage to get the cut-flower seeds mapped out and planted. The two new interns planted cucumber and watermelon seeds as well.

The strawberries are still producing very well and the peas are hanging in. I see an okra forming on one of the still-small plants along with some tiny tomatoes emerging.

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...