Friday, May 22, 2015

Fenton Friday: Pleased with the Peas!

The Sugarsnap Peas are starting to come in at my community garden plot. Picked a couple yesterday and a handful today. I should have many more by Monday. This year, I planted far fewer pea plants as I overdid it in previous years, I may be regretting that choice now.

The strawberries are going gangbusters now. It looks like I will need help to harvest them when the bulk ripen up in the next week or so. I will see if I can keep up with them. I really need to thin the plants out after this season and not let them take over my plot, as they definitely want to do.

 I had hoped to put in my tomatoes and pepper plants today, but I'm holding off as the temps are dipping again then are going back into the 90s again next week. Maybe can tackle that task on Monday, which is predicted to be hot but overcast.

The arugula has bolted. Darn it. I have a row-cover over all the salad greens and the radishes plus carrots. It may prove futile, though I'd like at least a couple more weeks out of all of the cool season crops.

How is your edible garden doing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...