Friday, May 15, 2015

Fenton Friday: First Strawberries and Carrots


Another dry week here, which meant almost daily watering at my community garden plot. One blessing is that we finally received a load of compost and wood chips as my pathways and beds were an explosion of weeds overnight! I spent an hour yesterday just pulling out thistles that seem to have appeared out of nowhere.

While weeding, I was amazed to see what looked like a touch of red on a couple of my strawberries and today I returned to find 3 of them full ripe! I ate them immediately and also pulled out a few carrots to check on them, though small, they are sweet and delicious.

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...