Friday, April 24, 2015

Fenton Friday: Strawberries Soon!

strawberry flower
I stopped by my garden plot quickly this week to harvest more asparagus and was so happy to see that the strawberry plants are covered in blossoms that promise many berries this May-June. I cannot wait for them.

The nasturtium seedlings are also up and I'd almost given up on them coming up at all, so that was another pleasant surprise.

Now, I just have to find a spare 15 minutes in the next few days to thin all my crowded seedlings - especially those radishes!

What is growing in YOUR edible garden now?

nasturtium seedling
About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

2 comments:

  1. Currently I'm growing a herb garden (rather large) and some salad leaves. I must say that it's a lot less than most years, but with all the work I have at the moment it really is all that we can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardenaholic - I can totally relate to reigning in the garden during the busy periods in one's life.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...