- Sun Sugar from Spiral Path Farm received 50 votes
- Green Zebra from Evensong Farm received 41 votes
- Pink Lady from Koiner Farm received 16 votes
- Chocolate Stripe from Mock's Greenhouse received 15 votes
- Arkansas Traveler from Three Springs Fruit Farm received 14 votes
Anne Miller of Silver Spring, MD, won the prize drawing of a tin basket full of gardening goodies.
Most of the taste attendees were local, though we also had many who came quite a distance. About half live in Silver Spring. Another third live close by in Washington, DC or the towns of Takoma Park, Chevy Chase, Kensington, Hyattsville, Rockville, College Park, Gaithersburg, and Wheaton in MD. From across the river in Virginia, attendees came from Vienna, Falls Church, and Springfield. From out of the area, we had attendees from Elizabeth City, NC, Stratford, CT, and Haddon Heights, NJ.
See more photos from the event at http://www.facebook.com/WashingtonGardenerMagazine.
Thank you to all who came and participated. Thanks to the farmers for growing great tomatoes and to FreshFarm Markets staff for hosting us. Special thanks also to Doree and Martha for helping with all the tomato sample cutting and helping greet all the tasters in the short two-hour event. See you next August!