Friday, April 20, 2012

Fenton Friday: Seedlings Emerge!

Calendula
Over at my Fenton Community Garden plot, the radish seedlings have emerged, the potatoes are poking up, the sweet peas are climbing their poles, and the calendula that wintered over is in bloom.

Today, I added a few rows of 'Little Finger' carrots and a lettuce mix.

It is actually looking pretty good over at the garden. Everyone's plot is weeded and fresh compost-mulch added. All in all, a very promising start to the growing season.


Radish seedlings

Potatoes emerge

Sweet Peas climbing

2 comments:

  1. How very exciting! We recently created a (http://blog.bozzuto.com/2012/04/dc-urban-agriculture-infographic/) that I thought you would like. We've heard from other Gardeners like yourself that it doubles as a great teaching aide for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice visiting your blog. There are some interesting and useful things have been shared her

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...