Monday, August 03, 2009

Local Seniors Growing Habits


Some local gardening friends, Susan Harris and the Koiners, got profiled in this month's edition of The Beacon (formerly The Senior Beacon and aimed at the over 50 set in Greater Washington). Gardening and seniors is not exactly a new trend --- especially among those that are retired and have the free time to pursue the growing hobby full-time. What is interesting is how many seniors do it as a way to raise money and put fresh food on the table, not just as a way to "pass time." Read all about it here.

Charlie Koiners urban veggie patch is pictured here. At more than twice my age, I'm impressed he has the energy to do this and much more in his one-acre lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...