Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More Mushrooms Emerge

I ran around my garden this afternoon taking more mushroom photos as the sun snuck behind the clouds and the lighting was perfect. They are posted here in my Flickr set. Perhaps there is a mycologist out there who dares taking a stab at IDing some of them?

A few of the cute red ones with spots had already been chomped on by potato bugs. I guess even in the insect world that "eat with their eyes," because the uglier ones have not been touched. I dare not take a taste myself -- though a few of them look quite tempting.
The mushrooms pictured are from all over my yard, in shade mostly. I have more mushrooms than are hidden or that disappeared overnight in the hard rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...