Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bloggers Make Headlines

Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 22 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. You can find the Examiner in the many red streetboxes around town. I saved a screen capture of the listing as a JPG and posted it here -- which you can now click on to read at 100%.

I won't be attending any of these great event listed myself as tonight I give a talk at the Takoma DC library, tomorrow I'm plowing through piles of paperwork, emails, and chores, Saturday is my niece's 5th birthday party ("Fairie" theme, of course!), then Sunday and Monday I'm in Philadelphia at the Garden Writers meeting.

Meanwhile, a local garden blogger and friend, Susan Harris, is profiled on the front page of the Washington Post Style section today along with her fellow GardenRanters. Read it here. Finally, garden bloggers are getting some of the attention they(we) deserve. At the Bowie-Crofton Garden Club talk I gave on Tuesday night, I asked how many of the 40 attendees there that night read blogs and just 2 raised their hands. I think this article will help get more online and reading, but moreover, I hope it gets them blogging and commenting as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...