Thursday, October 25, 2007

Westchester or Bust!

Here is an online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 27 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. I won't make any of these great events this weekend as I'm going off to Westchester, NY, for my friend Tara's wedding. I've known her since high school and can recall her talking about having a fall season/cool weather wedding even back then. I remember something about red and green plaid bridesmaid dresses and matching cummerbunds on the groomsmen, I'm thinking her taste may have change since 1985 ;-). Tara is the one pictured here in the veil. I can't wait to see her again and meet her husband-to-be!

UPDATE: Back from the weekend at Tara & Greg's wedding. What a wonderful event. Your classic Irish Catholic wedding. I danced my booty off and do NOT want to see the video or photos they took of that! The happy couple is now honeymooning in St. Martin. They deserve some R&R! Not only did they also dance their collective booties off, but they both worked the room like professional party hosts. Don't you hate the weddings where you never even get to say "boo" to the new couple?

It rained the whole drive up, through the day and night, and then most of the drive back. I came back to gloriously drenched soil and buckets full of water that I'd left out next to my overfull rain barrel. Thank goodness we finally got some and now I can finally get started on bulb planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...