Friday, October 05, 2007

Fall Harvest Open Garden

We'll be holding another Open Garden from 3-6pm on Monday, October 8. It is Columbus Day and I figured that many of you might have the day off and could stop by if you like. Nothing fancy or formal, just me out in the yard hacking back weeds and unruly shrubs. Our Summer Solstice Open Garden back in June was cut short by a sudden storm so I thought I'd add this Fall Harvest Open Garden to the schedule while the weather is still decent.

I'll be on hand to answer your garden questions, sign you up for subscriptions and gift subscriptions, sell current and back issues, or just show your around my overgrown lot. Stop by for a few minutes or come over to sit for a spell.

The Fall Harvest portion of the event: we will be collecting your excess garden produce and delivering it Tuesday to Shepherds Table. They are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing assistance to the homeless and needy. I've volunteered there myself a few times and can attest that they do great work. They welcome whatever you can glean from your gardens so if you are inundated with tomatoes, peppers, squash, apples, etc. Just bag them up and bring them over during the Open Garden hours on Monday.

We are at 826 Philadelphia Avenue (Rt. 410) in downtown Silver Spring. It is a red brick house with white fence right at the corner with Fenton and the Public Storage building faces our back drive. I recommend that you park on nearby King Street, walk, bike, or take public transit.

Please help spread the word. Free acorns for all visitors! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...