Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bulb Sale Part 2

Here is an online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 26 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. The top event is the Takoma Hort Club's bulb sale at this Sunday's Farmer's Market in downtown Takoma Park. I'm current President of the THC so have a vested interested in making sure we sell all of our fundraiser bulbs. Our prices, quality, and selection are exceptional and I urge everyone to buy by the bagful for your own gardens and as gifts. (Guess what everyone on my list this year will be getting?)

Coincidentally, this Sunday is also the 25th anniversary of the market. I talked to the market's director, Louise Swartzwalder of Takoma Kitchens, this week and she said she joined a year or so after the market started and that there are at least three farmer-producers who have been there since the beginning. I think that is really something to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...