Friday, June 23, 2017

Fenton Friday: Giant Garlic

Okay, the Garlic we dug this week wasn't "giant," but it sure was impressive! We got 6 very large and nice heads and 1 kind of dinky weird one. It is now curing on a screen in my backyard gazebo. I am trying that location out this year versus my sunroom and will see how it goes.

Elsewhere in the plot, we planted a row of 'Granny's Bouquet' Zinnias and the Mouse Melon seeds plus Pole Beans planted last week have already germinated!

Due to the intense heat, followed by rain deluge, almost everything in the plot has doubled in size overnight -- including the weeds! We had been keeping really on top of them, yet the dastardly Thistle seems to pop up overnight everywhere. I am applying liberal doses of compost around everything, but still it is a struggle to stay on top of it.

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: 
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...