Friday, April 28, 2017

Fenton Friday: Harvesting Spinach

We were able to harvest a salad's worth of Spinach and Mustard Greens from the garden this week. The Mustard was already bolting, as we had record heat this week, so we needed to do that quickly.

I put a double-thickness of cover cloth over the rest of the cool-season edible seedlings - carrots, radishes, cilantro. parsley, and other greens. I hope that saved them from being fried in the 90+ degree heat and that this coming week's more seasonable temps let them thrive and grow.

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: 
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...