Saturday, October 15, 2016

Late-flowering Salvia for Bloom Day


It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens. Here is the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, the past month has been a dry and windy. We had a light frost one evening, but nothing was really affected by that.

I have lots of autumn color in my garden from the usual standbys like Mums, Toadlily, Nippon Daisy, etc.

One unusual flower right now is this hot pink salvia is named 'Heatwave Blaze' Sage. It is from Monrovia was sent to me as a trial plant and has finally started blooming and showing it was worth the container space -- long after our full summer of record heat!

 What is blooming in YOUR garden today?

2 comments:

  1. Vitex tree, roses, cranesbill geranium, boltonia, catmint, lavender, caryopteris, bumbaldi spirea, buddleia, hibiscus syriacus, coneflower, liriope, salvia, clematis, Encore azaleas! Nancy Burns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Nancy! I forgot about my Encore azaleas and sure enough I have blooms on mine roo!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...