Friday, April 15, 2016

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day: Tulips UP!

 It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens. Here is the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, spring is finally - definitely - irrefutably here!

   My tulips are in their prime today so I ran around the garden and grabbed these quick snapshots to share with you all. Sorry I don't have time to dig through my old garden journals and bulb orders to identify all of them, but please enjoy them in their (mostly) nameless state as you'd encounter them in my garden.

Tulip 'Angelique'








and one dirty kitty!
What's blooming in your garden today?

7 comments:

  1. Do you plant fresh bulbs every year? ...or do you get some returns? Some of my Colorblends came back to bloom this year, though spotty. I think I will still plant fresh bulbs every year for the effect! ....and I'm sure you need to "renew" the dirty kitty on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol - They all return fairly reliably for me. One small blessing of having lots of dry shade beds under big oaks. Some do get moved by squirrels to new spots though!
    The only tulips I planted last fall were two pots of a pink bulb blend (one pictured just starting to bloom).
    As to the kitty, we got a thorough shaking out (under much protest) in the garden and then a combing indoors to get rid of the rest of the leaf mu;ch embedded in his fur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ones in the 2nd last photo look almost like peonies. Great color, too.

    Cool cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tulips! I never had luck with them. Blooming now at my house: still daffs and hellebores and the pulmonaria looks great. Some candytuft, but it's sparse this year. I need to weed the beds badly today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MaryF and Kate - Thanks :-)
    That reminds me that my little clump of Candtuft has all but disappeared too - maybe need to buy more at the spring plant sales these next few weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors there are absolutely breathtaking! It's a truly magical place. would be in heaven there, tulips are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by, Impatient Farmer!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...