Friday, April 29, 2016

Fenton Friday: Flower Fantasies


lemon lime joy 2016b

This week was wet and cold. Not much gardening of any kind got done, except a bit more weeding. I hope to get over to the plot early next week to clear out the rest of one bed and direct-sow the cut-flower collection I got from The Gardener's Workshop (see image at left) at this year's Seed Exchange.

I have high hopes and ambitions for this new cut-flower bed and am already dreaming about the scent of that Lemon Basil and the bright color combinations of high summer. Wish me luck!

How is your garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

2 comments:

  1. Weigela blooming nicely with more candytuft coming out around it and also Deutzia. And the big cherry laurels behind them near the porch. Looks good. The lungwort blooming nicely in the shade around the hellebores which are still going, although the hellebore folliage is getting big. Some bleeding hearts. Lots and lots of fernleaf scorpionweed (a wildflower that I love) which I have planted near hydrangeas that are starting to leaf out. A few red camelias still on the bush... they did great this year. Daffs are about done. A few columbines blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear, Kate. I love Bleeding Hearts and all the other fleeting spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...