Thursday, September 10, 2015
ADVERTISER OF THE WEEK: DCGardens.com
What is DCGardens.com?
• Images and videos of DC-area gardens by month, enticing people to visit year-
round (see DCGardens.com for examples).
• Deep local resources for turning more residents into gardeners.
• Digital images donated by volunteers, so DC Gardens is inexpensive.
managed and funded independently from the gardens; nimble and very useful!
Why Gardens (and Gardening) Matter
The Washington, DC, area is blessed with fabulous gardens that are open to the public, most of them free. Sadly, many are largely unknown and lack the funds to get the word out. If people could just see what they look like throughout the year, more would visit, and that matters because:
• Gardens bring visitors close to plants and to all of nature, which benefits them
mentally, spiritually, and physically.
• Visiting gardens is a gateway experience to taking up gardening at home and in
• Public gardens are the primary teaching facilities for turning residents into
gardeners, with classes and workshops on growing food, providing for wildlife,
protecting our waterways from polluting runoff, and creating beauty in our home
gardens or balconies.
• Turning people on to gardening results in more beauty for all of us to enjoy and
better stewardship of our land — without nagging.
ADVERTISER OF THE WEEK Details:
Every Thursday on the Washington Gardener Magazine Facebook page, Blog, and Yahoo group list we feature a current advertiser from our monthly digital magazine. To advertise with us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org today.