Friday, April 03, 2015

Fenton Friday: Undercover Arugula


This week has been a very wet and windy one, so I did not get much of a chance to do anything much at the garden plot. I weeded a tiny bit and saw that a few of my peas are finally pushing up through the soil, which is nice to see.

I also planted new seeds for Arugula, Radish, Carrots, and a Lettuce mix. When I pulled back the row cover to do find a place for those new seeds, I saw that I had quite a crop of Arugula going. None of it in neat rows, just bunches scattered here and there. I pulled most of it, along with a few baby carrots and one radish. I can use those to supplement some store-bought lettuce for a nice spring salad.

What is growing in your edible garden this week?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 4th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...