Friday, May 09, 2014

Fenton Friday: Broccoli Bolting

radish babies
A quick report from my garden plot at the Fenton Community Garden, the heat came in today and it went right to summer with a high of 88 degrees today and more heat on the way. The broccoli bolted overnight, so I harvested it all for dinner and maybe lunch tomorrow.









strawberries forming
Everything else is coming along very nicely and is now overdue for thinning. I hope to have a chance to get to that over the weekend.











broccoli bolting
The only thing that seems slow to me are the sugarsnap peas. We had to start them several weeks late due to the awful late winter, but I think they should still be over 3-4 inches tall by now. We will see if they start to catch up in the next week or so.









tiny lettuce
What is growing in your edible garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...