Friday, March 30, 2012

Fenton Friday: Early Potatoes

This week we had a bit of a cold and very windy spell so I have not been over much to my garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden. Yesterday I found German Butterball seed potatoes I had stored away and most of the had sprouted (see photo). I figure I have nothing to lose so I went ahead and planted them in two rows today. This is a much earlier potato planting than I did last year so I hope to avoid the pest problems I experienced last summer. Next week, I'm planning on starting several rows of edibles (radish, carrots, lettuce, etc.) by direct-sowing that is IF the weather cooperates.

1 comment:

  1. I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...