Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why I Should NEVER Weed Again

I almost yanked this puppy out when it was a big blob of basal growth -- thinking what the heck IS that weed? I meant to pull it, but rushed off to do something or another and never got back to that bed. Thank goodness I didn't! I planted this rather pricey giant 'Gladiator Allium' bulb back in fall 2004 and had a nice showing in spring 2005. Then nothing from 2006-08. Then boom, this year it is back. I suspect it is due to all this wonderful rain we've been having or maybe it just needed a few more years gaining back its strength before it put on another show. In any case, I'm glad I've been so busy and hardly out in the garden, so that I've let the jungle fill in and gave this one a chance to come back.

3 comments:

  1. what a pretty weed ...lol don't you just love surprises.
    hugs, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cherry, and yes, I love these kinds of pleasant surprises. Luckily, gardening is full of them -- Mither Nature never ceases to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:16 AM

    Wow.. i like gardening..nice blog
    Thanks for sharing..@@

    ___________________
    Jessica
    Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...