Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bloom Day Bulbing Over

For Garden Blogger's Bloom Day, here are a bunch of my early spring blooms -- February Gold daffodils, Tete-a-tete (mini) daffodils, 'Cantab' Dutch iris, snowdrops, crocus, and the hyacinths are just opening today too. The pink blossoms with yellow centers shown are my returning primroses tucked under a groundcover juniper by my back door. Also in bloom are hellebores and heather.

It has been a cloudy, drizzly, and chilly weekend, but we need to rain badly so I'm not complaining. My Winter Jasmine is just ending and my Forsythia is budding up. I have already forced two batches of Forsythia branches indoors and will cut another this week as it really brightens up my kitchen.


Helen @ Gardening With Confidence said...

Hey Kathy, you have a nice showing. Happy Bloom Day

NellJean said...

Daffodils have always been a passion of mine. I'm switching to hyacinths after reviewing my failure/success rate.

WashingtonGardener said...

Thank you, Helen.

NellJean, Hyacinths like great drainage - I think the only reason mine are returning so well for me this year is due to our semi-drought. Otherwise, they usually rot in our clay soils.

HappyMouffetard said...

Your hyacinths look great - mine are a bit sparse on the flower front this year. I don't think I look after them enough after they have finished blooming.

Gail said...

You have a great show of blooms for Bloom Day! I've decided that more crocus is needed in my garden! gail

jessica said...

Wow....nice blog
Thanks for sharing the informative with us..

Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free