Thursday, August 07, 2008

To Cut or Not?

Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Gardening Events for the week ahead on page 33 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. You can find the Examiner in the many red street-boxes around town. I saved a screen capture of the listing as a JPG and posted it here at left -- you can click on it to read at 100%.

Number 2 on the list is the Montgomery County Fair which opens this weekend. I'm once again planning on entering a few cut flowers into competition. I've been holding off cutting flowers for indoor bouquets for the last two weeks due to that. I'm afraid I'll cut something I may "need." It's silly, really, as those flowers from two weeks back are surely not competition worthy now. But I'm always thinking "what if these are the best?" -- kind of like not using the "good" china or linens and then ending up never taking them out to enjoy. At least with flowers, you can enjoy them yourself indoors or leave them out for the world to enjoy -- both are lovely choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...