Thursday, February 21, 2008

Got enough TP and Bread?

Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 21 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. You can find the Examiner in the many red streetboxes around town. I saved a screen capture of the listing as a JPG and posted it here -- which you can now click on to read at 100%.

Event #4 is the ECOSAVVY GARDENING SYMPOSIUM at Green Spring Gardens ths Saturday. With the weekend weather forecast ranking high on the bread-o-meter, I'm really hoping this still goes on as planned. I'll have a table there and am looking forward to some of the sessions on water management and earth-friendly gardening.

If it does get cancelled, I won't be happy, but I surecan use that time to work on getting the current issue of our Washington Gardener Magazine finalized for the printer pick-up on Monday. We have some great articles in it. Spending this morning sorting through images of heuchera and patio-containers of vegetables for the layout. *Sigh* it is a bit torturous to view these sun-drenched photos while I sit huddled in front of my computer wrapped in fleece.

UPDATE: There was ice on the roads and freezing rain on Friday, but the show went on at Brookside and they had a good turn-out. Same for Saturday at Green Spring Gardens. The foul weather was a nuisance, but we gardeners are a hardy stock.
I'll be writing a report on Brookside's Green Matters event for the Silver Spring Garden Club and Friends of Brookside newsletters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...