Monday, January 21, 2008

Entry Period Now Closed

The entry period for the 2008 Washington Gardener Photo Contest has ended.

We had over 300 photo entries and, once again, I'm SO glad I'm not the judge. I scrolled through the entries and grabbed this one at random to show as an example of the quality of entrants we received. It is by Ed Knepley for the Garden Creatures category. I must say I'm quite envious. I've tried to capture birds and bugs in my gardens for the past 5 years and nothing I've taken even comes close to Ed's image. I think large part of that is due to impatience. I've been known to yell at birds for not turning and giving me the right angle. This year, I'm going to take a deep breath and let them pose when they are ready.

All entries received have been confirmed and are now being judged. If you entered and have yet to receive an email confirmation, please call our office at 301-588-6894 immediately.

Winners will be announced this Saturday, 1/26 during the Washington Gardener Seed Exchange at the Brookside Gardens Visitor Center, Wheaton, MD. There is an entry fee to attend and participate in the Seed Exchange. The Seed Exchange entry fees are $15 per person (or $10 for Washington Gardener Magazine subscribers). See details here.

All photo contest entrants will be informed of the winners by 1/31. We will then publish the winners in the March/April 08 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine.

A photo show featuring the winning entries will take place this spring. Everyone is invited to the photo show's opening reception and we will post details as soon as they are available.

Start gathering your entries now for the 2009 Washington Gardener Photo Contest. Contest entry forms and details will be available beginning this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...