Sunday, November 18, 2007

Making My Bed

Our first in a five-time ad order in the Washington Post Book World appears today.

I spent this morning visiting a local garden in the Japanese-style with the Four Seasons Garden Club, then planting bulbs in a nearby park, then refurbishing my 4x8 ft edibles bed. I was actually not planning on doing that bed over today -- it was towards to bottom of a long list of tasks I have and certainly many other things are more pressing like taking out my screen doors and putting in the glass ones. However, I found some perfectly usable lumber sticking out of a dumpster across the street and inspiration struck. Several trips back and forth following by several bucketfuls of animal manure compost and the bed is a blank, rich chocalate brown palette just waiting for seed next spring. I have no idea just what I'll plant, as I tend to pick edibles not for necessity, but instead for which is most fun to grow. I'm thinking the Moon and Stars heirloom watermelon and those Baby Boo small white pumpkins. We shall see what muse strikes me at the next growing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...