Monday, November 19, 2007

I Keep on Fallin'

(With apologies to Alicia Keys.) The autumnal leaf display of the greater DC area is one of the most beautiful that I've ever seen. Despite the dire predictions from our drought-plagued summer, the trees are putting on a show straight out a Buchanan tartan plaid. Even my usually drab brown oaks are an intense deep red. Hope you all get out for a walk in a local park this holiday week for some leaf-peeping and photo shooting.

To get a weekly fall foliage update for Virginia go to www.FallinVirginia.org or call the Fall Foliage Hotline 800-424-LOVE. No such site for DC or MD that I've found.

Pictured here is a small oak tree (I think) from along the C&O Canal up by the MD-WV border.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...