Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Autumn Blooms

Since I'm always crazy busy on the 15th of the month and tomorrow is no exception with a press conference on the National Mall in the AM, getting the latest issue of our Enews out in the afternoon, and doing a table at the Holiday Open House at Behnkes in Beltsville in the PM, I'm posting my Gardener Bloggers Bloom Day entries today.


The first photo is of a colchicum which just popped up after the steady rains we had for the past few days. I had given up all hope that the batch of fall-blooming bulbs I'd ordered were ever coming up -- this one bloomed and is being followed by about 5 others. Late, but certainly welcome.


The second photo is of another Mum Society seedling purchase (see earlier Go Team entry). Again, can't recall this one's name. I'm going to call it "Mum Sandwich," since all the blooms are in tight bunches of 3-4 flowerheads like this one.






Aside from these two, I have the following on parade at the moment:

  • Alyssum
  • Aster monch
  • Beautyberry/Callicarpa - not blooms, just brilliant purple berries
  • Black-eyed Susan
  • Cosmos
  • Grasses (various)
  • Hydrangea (red)
  • Impatiens
  • Lavender
  • Marigolds
  • Mums, various including Sheffield Pink
  • Pansies
  • Petunias
  • Rhododendron PJM
  • Roses (Alba Meidiland)

1 comment:

  1. Lots going on! But happy to see you found some time for a garden bloggers' bloom day post. I have mums going, and that's about it. November isn't a peak month in my garden, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...