Washington Gardener Magazine Hosts Longwood Gardens Tour
Organized by Garden Tours
Organized by Garden Tours
Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 8:00am-11:00pm
Leaving from and returning to West Falls Church, VA and downtown Silver Spring, MD
Join Cheval Force Opp, Garden Tours, and Kathy Jentz, Washington Gardener Magazine, for a day at Longwood Gardens, one of the world’s premier horticultural showplaces. Exquisite flowers, majestic trees, dazzling fountains, opulent conservatory, starlit theater, thunderous organ—all describe the magic of Longwood Gardens.
Schedule for the day:
• 8:00am West Falls Church, VA Board coach
• 9:00am Silver Spring, MD Board coach
• 9:00-11:30am En route: Snacks and water bottle, information packets, Longwood Gardens Q&A, and Longwood DVD
• 11:30am Arrive Longwood Gardens
• 11:30-1:00pm Lunch at Longwood Café
• 1:00-2:30pm Guided Rose Garden Tour and visit to the Gardens Shop
• 2:30-3:30pm Guided Tour: “The New East Conservatory”
• 3:30-7:30pm Explore and Dinner* on your own. Options include: 1,050 acres, 20 indoor and 20 outdoor gardens, two-hour self-guided audio tour, Heritage Exhibit in Pierce du Point House, Pipe Organ & Gallery, two Fountain Shows, InTREEgue exhibit, “Wonders of the Water Garden” talk, wine reception* in a beautiful garden setting, dinner at Longwood Terrace or Cafe*, and much more. *Dinner and reception are not included in registration package fee.
• 7:30-8:15pm Celtic Concert
• 8:15pm Board coach for ride home with snacks and garden DVD showing
• 10:30pm MD - 11:30pm VA Disembark from coach
This tour package includes:
• Onboard hosts: Kathy Jentz, Editor, Washington Gardener, and Cheval Opp, Owner, Garden Tours • Admission to Longwood Gardens and events shown on schedule
• Lunch, snacks, and bottled water. (Dinner on your own)
• Information packet and Q&A to assist planning your visit on coach
• Pre-trip information details sent after registration
• Two DVD showings
• Surprises and prizes
• Drop-off and pick-up at two convenient MD & VA metro stations
• Charter Passenger Coach with reserved seating and restroom
Join us for a delightful trip to Longwood Gardens near Kennett Square, PA. Come explore hundreds of lush acres, wildflowers in the woods, the sparkling fountain gardens, inspirational plant combinations, and grand sweeps of color everywhere.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if canceled by May 20. A partial $50 refund until May 31. No refunds after June 1.
Questions? Cheval Opp at 703.395.1501
Name _____________________________________________ Address____________________________________________
Phone number________________________________________ Email____________________________________________
Name of seatmate____________________________________
Pick-up point: __ Falls Church, VA __ Silver Spring, MD
$99.00 each or $95.00 each for current Washington Gardener Magazine subscribers
Check/money order #_______ ~ Please make payable to “Garden Tours” Send this registration form along with your payment today to: Garden Tours, 8000 N Park St, Dunn Loring VA 22027 Seating is limited - act fast.