Friday, August 11, 2006

Easy Being Green

I've been writing a garden column for the local free commuter paper. It is given out to 1,000s of metro riders each morning and also gets delivered to high-income zip codes around DC. I had started off as every-other-Saturday, then was every-other-Thursday in their "home" section, and now have just been moved to every-other-Friday in the "real estate" portion. This is all to promote the magazine and for the author tag-line mentioning our web site. I'm just coming up on a year of doing this and can attest I've had some subscribers as a result, though as usual it is hard to measure.

See page 54 of today's Washington Examiner at http://dcpaper.examiner.com/dc/?haspdf=1 for the latest story. Or email me for the a PDF of the page in color. Don't know why they chose to put these beauties on a black-ink only page!

In a last minute arrangement, I'm going to have a booth at this year's GreenFest in DC on the weekend of October 14-15. This is the third year of the show here and it attracts big crowds -- are they garden magazine readers/buyers? We shall see. At the event, the for-profit booths include many sustainable living and fair-trade companies -- for last two years as an attendee and volunteer I've treated it as a great networking forum for those who work in the "green industry." One of our regular "EcoSavvy" columnists may also be a speaker at this one, so this could really be a good tie-in for us. Here is a link for the show details: http://www.greenfestivals.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...