Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bulbs Around Town

Here is a link to an old press release about the National Park Service's bulb plantings all around town - http://www.nps.gov/ncro/PublicAffairs/Tulips.htm.

I've asked for an update on this as well as guide/layout of what bulb varieties were planted where in DC, but no one can seem to track one down at the NPS office. Pretty frustrating as I'd hope to include a comprehensive map in our March/April issue. They were able to track down the planting map from last year, but not the current one. In any case, I'll let you know when/if I do and at the very least this link will give you an idea of the size and scope of the bulb plantings they do around town.

This is one of the many times I have to shake me head in disappointment as printing this map would be a win-win-win-win for the magazine, our readers, the bulb sellers, and the park service. They are nice folks and seem a bit undertstaffed and probably under-budget. Comparing their press office to those of the corporations I deal with for story research -- they are not even in the same league -- as for-profit press agents live and breathe to get this kind of coverage. For a writer to actually call and initiate the request for info, with them not having to push it in emails and phone calls is a fantastic bonus for them. Oh well, got the bulb library request for next year in my tickler file of 2007 story ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...